Thursday, December 2, 2010

FIXED CULT COMPANY SPOTLIGHT: UNKNOWN BIKES

 UNKNOWN BIKES IS A BRAND NEW FGFS COMPANY THAT'S OUT TO DO SOME NEW AND BIG THINGS . . SO HERE'S AN INTERVIEW WITH UNKNOWNS HEAD HONCHO VIN !

FC: so give us a little overview on how unknown came to be ?
UNKNOWN: I rode fgfs for a few years and started looking into freestyle specific parts and frames... always had an idea of what I wanted out of a frame and that got me into the idea of designing a custom build... did not really have initial plans of producing them but the opportunity came about and I took it!

FC:so what was the hardest part getting this project going ?
UNKNOWN: communication between us and the factories in Taiwan... they always have opinions and recommendations because they are not used to seeing the mix of specs we put together for our frames so there was a bit of confusion at first...

FC: i gotcha haha . . so tell me how you decided who you wanted involved with unknown , team as well as support?
UNKNOWN:Umm, as far as the team go's... I've been watching Donghoh for a while and his edits are super steezy and he maintains that "fixed" freestyle flow and style people claim is disappearing... Collin is an other bay area rider who has ups and his style is on point!... I met Rick at the all city comp... he has suuuuper clean style, rides fast and does REALLY clean hop bars... he showed me an edit he was putting together and I was sold... Rick asked me if I ever saw any of Seans stuff and I was like "yeah, but isn't he riding for someone?" when he said no I got in contact and he was on board...

FC:so what is in the future for unknown
UNKNOWN:we have 14mm hubs, the V2 frame and a 26" frame coming out in February...  The 26" has a much shorter wheelbase and a lower stand over but the seat tube is not going to be so short that it feels like a DJ or a big bmx... Both the V2 and the 26" will have negative bb drop and 14mm drop outs...The specs for all the parts are on our site... we also have a redesigned spline drive sprocket coming out soon... We are trying to keep the prices VERY competitive and keep all our stuff accessible to the average rider while still keeping quality and not cutting corners... 

Oh thanks to Kim Nark Young. This is the guy that founded Unknown Bike Co! He's the one who made this all happen. Big ups to the Unknown Crew in South Korea. Jeff at All-City has always been supporting me and the scene! Mike Carney is nicest guy in FGFS. My man Swoo for beating me in every facebook game out there. And a BIIIIG HI to my mom and Yun Jung! WOOOOO!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment